JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Foreigners who need a visa to enter Indonesia can now make their applications at the country’s missions abroad, according to the Immigration’s website.
The single entry visa, which is valid for a maximum of 60 days, can be used for tourism, government duties, business meeting, procurement of goods, official meeting, humanitarian, and transit.
“The Indonesian missions can only process the visit visas with index B211 A and the visas are only for certain activities mentioned in Circular No.IMI-0709.GR.01.01/2022 on Immigration Policy via E-Visa Services and Visa Issuance at the Indonesian Representative Offices,” said Achmad Nur Saleh, the public relations sub-coordinator of the Directorate General of Immigration on Friday, Nov. 4.
According to a decree issued this year by the law and human rights minister, the visit visas with index B211 comprise activities on tourism, social, business, non-commercial sports, comparative studies, short courses, transit, and industry.
“For [the purpose of] non-commercial sports, comparative studies or short courses are still required to apply for an online visa via via-online.imigrasi.go.id,” Achmad said.
The Indonesian representative offices abroad will require as follows:
1. Passports must be valid for six months beyond the travel dates.
2. A guarantee letter from the guarantor except for tourism.
3. Bank statement, saving account book, or time deposit for the last three months under the name of the traveler, or the guarantor with an amount of at least $2,000 or equivalent.
4. A return ticket or passing ticket to continue the trip to another country.
5. Full-color passport photo
6. Proof of ownership of health insurance/travel insurance and a statement letter to pay their own expenses if affected by Covid-19 while in Indonesia.