KOMPAS.com – The Indonesian government has reopened the Lombok International Airport in West Nusa Tenggara, bringing the total number of entry points for international travelers to seven despite stricter Covid-19 curbs in some areas.
The decision was made after Home Affairs Minister Tito Karnavian issued his Instruction No. 10/2022 on the implementation of the Covid-19 restrictions on public activities (PPKM) Level 3 to Level 1 in Java and Bali on Monday, Feb. 14.
“Based on the latest home affairs minister instruction, Zainuddin Abdul Madjid Airport in West Nusa Tenggara has been added to the list of air entry points to Indonesia,” said Safrizal, a Home Affairs Ministry official, in a statement on Tuesday, Feb. 15.
Currently, Indonesia is gearing up to host the country’s first MotoGP race since 1997 in the resort island of Lombok. The event will take place from March 18-20, 2022 at the Pertamina Mandalika International Street Circuit. The newly-built circuit, inaugurated by President Joko Widodo on November 12, 2021, can accommodate 50,000 seats at its grandstand, while the standing tribune can hold 138,000 people. In November last year, the circuit also staged the World Superbike event.
Here below are the list of entry points to Indonesia:
Ports of entry by air
1. Soekarno Hatta Airport in Tangerang, Banten
2. Juanda Airport in Sidoarjo, East Java
3. I Gusti Ngurah Rai Aiport in Denpasar, Bali
4. Hang Nadim Airport in Batam, Riau Islands
5. Raja Haji Fisabilillah Airport in Tanjung Pinang, Riau Islands
6. Sam Ratulangi Airport in Manado, North Sulawesi
7. Zainudin Abdul Majid Airport in Central Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara
Ports of entry by sea
1. Tanjung Benoa in Bali Province for cruise ships and sailing ships
2. Batam in Tanjung Pinang and Lagoi Bintan in Riau Islands Province
3. Nunukan in North Kalimantan Province
Ports of entry by land
1. Aruk in West Kalimantan Province
2. Motaain in East Nusa Tenggara Province
Meanwhile, crew changes and repatriation of foreign and Indonesian seafarers on foreign-flag vessels can be done at several ports. This will include Belawan, Tanjung Balai, Karimun (Nipah Island and Tanjung Balai Karimun), Batam (Galang Island, Batu Ampat and Kabil), Maerak, Tanjung Priok, Tanjung Perak, Makassar, Benoa, Sorong, Ambon, and Bitung.
Technical arrangements related to the implementation of the provisions during the transition period will be done by the Ministry of Transportation or the Covid-19 National Task Force or other related ministries or institutions.
(Writer: Faqihah Muharroroh Itsnaini | Editor: Anggara Wikan Prasetya)https://t.me/kompascomupdate, kemudian join. Anda harus install aplikasi Telegram terlebih dulu di ponsel.