JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com - Indonesia National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) recorded that as of Wednesday at 8:00 pm local time, the number of deaths from the recent flash floods and landslides in East Nusa Tenggara has increased to 138.
"The death toll reached 138," said BNPB head Doni Monardo on Wednesday, April 7.
Doni said of the 138 people who died, 67 victims were reported in East Flores regency, 32 in Lembata regency, 25 in Alor regency, four in Malaka regency, five in Kupang regency, two in Sabu Raijua regency, and one in Ende regency, Ngada regency, and Kupang city, respectively.
Doni also said 61 people remain missing due to flash floods. As many as 25 people disappeared in the Alor regency, 35 people in Lembata regency, and six people in the East Flores regency.
"We are still trying to locate 61 people," he said.
Previously, BNPB recorded that 124 people died and 74 people went missing due to flash floods in East Nusa Tenggara.
"The latest data recorded 124 people have died," said Raditya Jati head of the BNPB Disaster Data Information and Communication Center on Wednesday, April 7.
The causes of flash floods and landslides that hit the East Nusa Tenggara region were tropical cyclones and heavy rain intensity.
(Writer: Rahel Narda Chaterine | Editor: Diamanty Meiliana)https://t.me/kompascomupdate, kemudian join. Anda harus install aplikasi Telegram terlebih dulu di ponsel.