July 3, 2020, 05.28 PM

JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Seven in every 10 Indonesians with disabilities do not fully understand the health protocols that are in place to control and prevent the transmission of Covid-19 in the country, according to the Ministry of Women's Empowerment and Child Protection.

This is based on a quick review with the Organization of People with Disabilities Network in Response to Covid-19, said Deputy Assistant of the Ministry’s Child Protection and Emergency Situation and Pornography Division Ciput Eka Purwianti.

Read also: Pay Extra Attention to Indonesia’s Senior Citizens in the New Normal: Minister

“Only 30 percent of Indonesian people with disabilities understand the information on Covid-19. The other 70 percent haven’t fully grasped the Covid-19 health protocols,” Ciput said in an online discussion held on July 3. The virtual meeting with the group originally took place in April 2020.

A lack of access to information that is correct, accurate, and understandable was stated as the reason a significant portion of the community could not comprehend the new rules.

Read also: Indonesian President Warns Against Complacency in Fight against Covid-19

Ciput attributed the assessment to the notion that Covid-19 media information has not been made adequately accessible to Indonesian people with disabilities.

“Seventy percent haven’t understood, let alone observe, [the health protocols],” said Ciput.

From the 70 percent, around 61 percent have stated that they have attained sufficient information about the Covid-19 virus and the health protocols.

However, they are unsure of how to implement the country’s Covid-19 health protocols.

Page:


Comment wisely and responsibly. Comments are entirely the responsibility of the commentator as regulated in the ITE Law
Report
Thank You! We have received your report. We will remove comments that conflict with the Community Guidelines and the ITE Law.

More Headlines

News
August 8, 2022, 09.07 AM

ASEAN Wraps Up Foreign Ministers Talks

Business
August 5, 2022, 10.13 PM

China Begins to Ship Bullet Trains to Indonesia

News
August 3, 2022, 02.03 PM

ASEAN Warns Myanmar Against More Executions

Close Ads