June 28, 2020, 12.37 PM

JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – The Jakarta provincial government has announced the provision of social assistance programs for the city’s lower-income and impoverished groups until December 2020.

“The program will continue from the first phase in July until December,” said Vice Governor of Jakarta Ahmad Riza Patria during a webinar on “Access to Social Assistance Programs for Impoverished Residents in Jakarta during Covid-19" on June 26.

Read also: Indonesia’s Social Affairs Ministry Proposes 2021 Budget of Rp 91.9 Trillion

The Vice Governor, however, said that the distribution of the provincial government’s basic goods packages (sembako) will be reduced.

This comes as part of Jakarta’s ongoing new normal transition where businesses have reopened.

Ahmad also stated that the reduction in package distribution is in keeping with improvements to the economic situation in the capital city.

Read also: Tourist Attractions and Malls in Jakarta Half-Empty Despite Reopening

The Jakarta provincial government will continue identifying daily workers who have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic.

They will also continue to search for those who previously received the provincial government’s social assistance programs. It is unlikely that those individuals will receive social assistance benefits again once their work situation improves.

During the webinar event, the Jakarta Vice Governor shared his recent finding of data discrepancies among different government bodies or agencies.

Page:


Comment wisely and responsibly. Comments are entirely the responsibility of the commentator as regulated in the ITE Law
Report
Thank You! We have received your report. We will remove comments that conflict with the Community Guidelines and the ITE Law.

More Headlines

Close Ads