“This highly relevant publication is the result of an outstanding joint research and development effort by various well-respected energy experts in the region,” said Oliver.
Seven key strategies to enhance energy security and sustainability in ASEAN comprise:
1. ASEAN will enhance its efforts towards building an ASEAN Power Grid (APG) to expand regional multilateral electricity trading, strengthen grid resilience, modernization and promote clean as well as renewable energy integration.
2. In the gas sector, ASEAN will pursue the development of a common gas market for ASEAN by enhancing gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) connectivity and accessibility.
3. In the acceleration of energy transition and sustainability, ASEAN will optimize the role of Clean Coal Technology (CCT) in facilitating the transition towards sustainable and lower emission development.
4. On energy efficiency and conservation (EE & C), ASEAN aims to reduce energy intensity by 32 percent in 2025 based on 2005 levels and encourage further energy efficiency and conservation efforts, especially in transport and industry sectors.
5. On Renewable Energy (RE), ASEAN will aim to achieve the aspirational target for increasing the component of renewable energy to 23 percent by 2025 in the ASEAN energy mix, including through increasing the share of RE in installed power capacity to 35 percent by 2025.
6. Under the Regional Energy Policy and Planning (REPP), ASEAN will advance energy policy and planning to accelerate the region’s energy transition and resilience.
7. In the civilian nuclear energy sector, ASEAN aims to build human resource capabilities on nuclear science and technology for power generation.
(Writer: Yohana Artha Uly | Editor: Ambaranie Nadia Kemala Movanita)https://t.me/kompascomupdate, kemudian join. Anda harus install aplikasi Telegram terlebih dulu di ponsel.