South Kuta Police chief Police Grand Commissioner Yusak Agustinus Saoi said the blast occurred at the Cluster Palm Puri Gading housing complex.
"The gas explosion blew apart the house of 34 year-old Frenchman Hugo Getan Quintin Houthoofd, and his wife, 29 year-old British national Elouise Fiona Michelle Houfthood."
“The mishap happened at 6 am local time, when Hugh was boiling water to make tea. When he turned on the stove, the fire suddenly flamed up and exploded the 12 kilogram gas tank that they were using,” said Yusak in a press release on Tuesday, June 1.
“We suspect that the blast was caused by a gas leak that caused the fire to spread and caused the explosion. The incident left burn marks on [both victims].” He added that locals rushed them to the Siloam and Sanglah Hospitals.
Yusak noted that the explosion destroyed their house and car. The head of the Fire Department and Rescue for Badung Regency, I Wayan Wirya, reiterated Yusak’s findings.
“The explosion destroyed the kitchen. Its remains were even scattered near the roads and surrounding areas.” He added that the Houthoofds are in stable condition.
(Writer : Fawaidi, Bali Contributor | Editor : Robertus Belarminus)
Source:https://t.me/kompascomupdate, kemudian join. Anda harus install aplikasi Telegram terlebih dulu di ponsel.