September 10, 2020, 09.27 PM
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan (left), who is accompanied by his deputy Achmad Riza Patria, announces his decision to reimpose partial lockdown from September 14 to stem the spread of the Covid-19 in the Indonesian capital. Dokumentasi Pemprov DKI JakartaJakarta Governor Anies Baswedan (left), who is accompanied by his deputy Achmad Riza Patria, announces his decision to reimpose partial lockdown from September 14 to stem the spread of the Covid-19 in the Indonesian capital.

JAKARTA, KOMPAS.comNon-essential businesses must implement work-from-home schemes following the Jakarta Administration’s decision to reimpose partial lockdown from September 14 to stem the spread of coronavirus in the Indonesian capital.

“Starting from September 14 all non-essential office activities must be carried out from home,” Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said in a message broadcast via a Youtube channel on Wednesday, September 9.

Anies said the Jakarta Administration will also evaluate non-essential company permits that were previously allowed to operate. He emphasized that the work-from-home policy does not mean to stop economic activity but to perform work duties from home.

Also read: Jakarta Reimposes Partial Lockdown from Sept. 14 as Covid-19 Cases Surge

“It is not the business activities that must be stopped, but the operations at the workplaces that will not be allowed to operate,” said Anies.

The regulations on partial lockdown will only allow essential sectors to remain open. These  include health, retail, energy, communications and information technology, financial, logistics, hotel industry, construction, strategic industry, national vital objects, and basic daily needs.

Kompas.com previously reported that the governor decided to ‘pull the emergency brake’ by reimposing the partial lockdown or locally known as large-scale social restrictions. The decision was made after considering several factors including hospitals bursting at the seams with patients and the high mortality rate amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Terima kasih telah membaca Kompas.com.
Dapatkan informasi, inspirasi dan insight di email kamu.
Daftarkan email

Also read: Indonesia to Make $223.6 Million Down Payment for Covid-19 Vaccine

“There are not many options for Jakarta except to ‘pull the emergency brake’ as soon as possible,” the governor said, referring to reimposing large-scale social restrictions as it was done at the beginning of the pandemic in March.

As of today, Jakarta Province recorded the highest number of new Covid-19 cases in the country with 1,450, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 51,287. Currently, 11,696 patients are receiving treatment or being isolated, while more than 38,000 have recovered from the Covid-19. The city also recorded a total of 1,365 deaths.

(Writers: Jimmy Ramadhan Azhari, Rindi Nuris Velarosdela | Editors: Sabrina Asril, Ambaranie Nadia Kemala Movanita)

Source: https://megapolitan.kompas.com/read/2020/09/09/20280301/psbb-transisi-dicabut-mulai-senin-depan-perkantoran-di-jakarta-wajib-full?page=all#page2.

https://megapolitan.kompas.com/read/2020/09/10/17385931/update-10-september-pasien-positif-covid-19-di-dki-bertambah-1450-rekor.





Comment wisely and responsibly. Comments are entirely the responsibility of the commentator as regulated in the ITE Law
Report
Thank You! We have received your report. We will remove comments that conflict with the Community Guidelines and the ITE Law.

More Headlines

Business
June 18, 2021, 06.40 PM

Palm oil: What's the big deal?

News
June 15, 2021, 02.14 PM

Indonesia Faces Covid-19 Surge in Mid-June

Close Ads X