Indonesia Highlights: Covid-19: Indonesia Sets to Administer a Million Shots from June 26 | Speed Up Passage of Anti-Sexual Violence Bill: Indonesia's President Aide | Jakarta Celebrates Its 494th Ann

June 23, 2021, 12.32 PM
Indonesia's Military Commander Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto said that a million vaccine doses will be administered daily starting from June 26. Puspen TNIIndonesia's Military Commander Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto said that a million vaccine doses will be administered daily starting from June 26.

KOMPAS.com – This weekend, Indonesia will start to administer a million vaccine doses, earlier than its initial target in July. Currently, Indonesia is administering 500,000 vaccine doses per day.

Indonesia's Military Commander Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto said that a million vaccine doses will be administered daily starting from June 26.

Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko called for immediate passage of the anti-sexual violence bill or known as PKS, as the number of sexual violence keeps increasing in Indonesia.

Below are excerpts from the news in Indonesia, curated by Kompas.com editors:

Covid-19: Indonesia Sets to Administer a Million Shots from June 26

Indonesia's Military Commander Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto said that a million vaccine doses will be administered daily starting from June 26.

This new number of vaccines administered daily will be implemented earlier than the initial target. Previously, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo instructed his officials to speed up the mass vaccination program in the country by administering a million vaccine doses a day starting from July.

“Starting from June 26, the TNI [Indonesian military] and Police have set a target of administering a million vaccine doses per day,” Hadi said in a statement on Tuesday, June 22.
Hadi said the implementation of the Covid-19 jab drive will be co-organized by the military, police, and the ministry of health.

“The military and police will administer 40 percent of the targeted shots, while the remaining 60 percent of the vaccine doses will be held by the ministry of health, including the local administrations,” he said.

As of June 22, Indonesia recorded 13,668 new Covid cases, bringing the total number of infections nationwide to more than two million cases since the outbreak was declared in the country in March 2020. Meanwhile, more than 1.8 million people have recovered and 55,291 died.

Source: https://nasional.kompas.com/read/2021/06/22/10325191/panglima-tni-vaksinasi-covid-19-1-juta-suntikan-per-hari-mulai-26-juni.

Page:


Comment wisely and responsibly. Comments are entirely the responsibility of the commentator as regulated in the ITE Law
Report
Thank You! We have received your report. We will remove comments that conflict with the Community Guidelines and the ITE Law.

More Headlines

News
November 30, 2021, 02.43 PM

New Omicron Variant Detected in More Countries

Business
November 25, 2021, 02.44 PM

Indonesia to Produce Electric Cars in March 2022

News
November 19, 2021, 03.58 PM

Partial Lunar Eclipse Visible from Indonesia

Close Ads X