Baca berita tanpa iklan. Gabung Kompas.com+
September 7, 2020, 06.40 PM

SERANG, KOMPAS.comIndonesia’s Banten Province in West Java implemented a partial lockdown or large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) in all its regencies and cities following the continued escalation in coronavirus cases on Monday, September 7.

The spike in Covid-19 confirmed cases has turned many places in its Tangerang district and Tangerang regency into a pandemic high-risk area or “red zones” while six other areas are categorized as moderate Covid-19 risk or “orange zones”.

“The PSBB in greater Tangerang has been expanded and it now applies to all regencies and cities in the Banten Province,” Banten Governor Wahidin Halim announced on Sunday, September 6.

Also read: Indonesia to Make $223.6 Million Down Payment for Covid-19 Vaccine

Before the PSBB went into effect throughout Banten Province, Wahidin said that he had coordinated with the Ministry of Health.

“Based on the information from the Ministry of Health, the implementation of PSBB is under the purview of the regional governments because they have a better understanding of each region,” he said.

Previously, the greater Tangerang — cities near the Jakarta capital — extended the partial lockdown measures at least nine times. However, many residents failed to follow the health protocols when the partial lockdown measures were relaxed.

Wahidin said his concerns about the violations proved valid. Violations remain and new confirmed cases increase after the public activities restrictions have been eased.

Also read: Indonesias Covid-19 Health Worker Death Toll Sixth-Highest in the World

“The uncontrolled movement of residents in some areas has affected areas concerned. This happens a lot in Banten, turning it again into high-risk zones,” Wahidin said.

The former Mayor of Tangerang has called on the public to be more aware of the dangers of Covid-19. He also underscored the importance of following the health protocols to curb the spread of coronavirus.

Data issued by the Banten Health Agency stated that 3,000 Covid-19 confirmed cases were recorded in the province. Of the number, 2,239 patients recovered, 144 died, and 617 patients are still under treatment.

(Writer: Rasyid Ridho | Editor: Dheri Agriesta)

Source: https://regional.kompas.com/read/2020/09/06/19592041/mulai-besok-seluruh-kabupaten-dan-kota-di-banten-terapkan-psbb?page=1.

Dapatkan update berita pilihan dan breaking news setiap hari dari Kompas.com. Mari bergabung di Grup Telegram "Kompas.com News Update", caranya klik link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, kemudian join. Anda harus install aplikasi Telegram terlebih dulu di ponsel.

Baca berita tanpa iklan. Gabung Kompas.com+


Baca berita tanpa iklan. Gabung Kompas.com+
Comment wisely and responsibly. Comments are entirely the responsibility of the commentator as regulated in the ITE Law
Report
Thank You! We have received your report. We will remove comments that conflict with the Community Guidelines and the ITE Law.

More Headlines

Business
February 6, 2023, 04.54 PM

Indonesian Economic Growth Rises to Nine-Year High

Travel & Leisure
February 5, 2023, 07.28 PM

Cap Go Meh Festival Observed in Indonesian Cities

Travel & Leisure
February 3, 2023, 04.57 PM

EU Approves Plan to Make Online Application for Schengen Visa

Baca berita tanpa iklan. Gabung Kompas.com+
Baca berita tanpa iklan. Gabung Kompas.com+
Baca berita tanpa iklan. Gabung Kompas.com+
Baca berita tanpa iklan. Gabung Kompas.com+
Close Ads
Oke
Baca berita tanpa iklan. Gabung Kompas.com+